Software Build & Release Team
|Job Title:||Software Build and Release Engineer|
|Location:||Dublin City Centre|
This role is for a Build and Release engineer who, already having a deep knowledge of the integration, testing and release process, is interested in developing their knowledge of webservices working within one of Ireland’s best technology companies.
This organisation has built international offices in the US and Europe, and since the introduction of cloud solutions and social networking, has become one of the World’s most innovative product developers.
Retained on their behalf, we are seeking experienced build and release engineers with upwards of five years professional experience to join their product and customer developments teams as they embark upon another period of expansion.
You will be joining a highly technical team of developers, communicating with the companies global pre and post sales engineers.
Working with one of the World’s most recognised brands in this explosive technology sector, you can expect to be involved with very technical software projects for global tier one brands, a fact that will enhance your knowledge and prestige, and lay the foundations for your personal marketibility in later years.
The Ideal Candidate:
The technical experience we are looking for includes:
- 5+ years of hands-on build and release experience on projects that use core languages such as C, C++, Java, and shell scripts.
- 5+ years’ experience with source control repository administration (e.g. Git, CVS, etc.)
- Experience with Linux/Unix based package managers – rpm/yum, apt/dpkg, etc.
- Experience with build automation on Linux (90%) and windows (10%)
- Familiarity with Continuous Build & Integration tools and techniques such as Hudson / Jenkins.
- Good understanding of Virtualization technologies including VMware ESX/vSphere/vCenter, Xen Hypervisor, etc.
- Knowledge of a scripting language like Python or Perl a definite plus
You will be able to show previous experience in as many of the duties:
- Implement and Maintain cross platform (Linux, Solaris, Windows) continuous integration and continuous delivery system across multiple projects and deliverables.
- Ensure cross platform build stability and support internal departments with build related issues
- Assist team with broad knowledge of tools and solutions in order to promote quality driven development and maintain high quality code (e.g., version control, defect tracking, etc…)
Get on your way to a more dynamic career with better skills, more responsibility, more money and a better lifestyle for you and your family.
APPLY HERE or get talking to Mark Malone or Barry Paterson by dialling out +353 1 APEOPLE (that’s 273 6753) on your phone’s keypad.
Our phone lines are open Monday to Thursday 9.00am to 7.30pm (sometimes later!), and Friday to 5.30pm
Claim Your Complimentary Membership to the Irish Software Developers’ Network Today!
We have teamed up with the Irish Software Developers’ Network to offer you a complimentary 3 month membership so you can learn the latest software tips and insights at their monthly technology presentations.
Register with A People Recruitment and not only will you receive a superior recruitment service, you can also experience the benefits that Irish software developers are enjoying today.Back to main jobs page