Senior Java Software Developer
|Job Title:||Senior Java Software Developer|
This is an excellent opportunity for a talented Java Developer that would like to work in a company that provides on-going career development through training and education. This role is for an ambitious person that is interested in staying on top of the very latest technologies in a well funded company that is a market leader in its field.
Our client is a world leader in the mobile space that develops B2M applications and solutions for the biggest travel and hospitality brands in the world. They have a very strong development team and an educational culture in place that allows developers to identify formal and informal learning opportunities which the company is happy to fund.
You will be exposed to the very latest developments and technologies in the mobile space. You will be in a knowledge exchange and focused environment that allows you to progress your skills in a company that has become a leader in its field. A very competitive and career building package awaits successful candidates.
The Ideal Candidate:
- The technical and personal skills we are looking for:
- The Java Application stack – JEE, Spring, MySQL (although noSQL is ideal) and other associated technologies
- Knowledge of product aggregation and recommendation frameworks. (selecting, designing & implementing recommendation algorithms)
- Strong Agile development and unit-test processes experience
Developers must also have:
- Minimum 5+ years post-grad experience
- BSc or MSc in computer science/engineering, information systems or equivalent
- Product search solutions experience that incorporate the following:
* Content aggregation (combining multiple content sources for use in an eCommerce context – high volume, low latency)
* Product recommendations – ideally using Social Media data as input into recommendations
* Product search analytics
- Experience designing recommendation solutions, based on historical performance analytics
- Extensive knowledge designing eCommerce solutions
- Ability to learn quickly and work in a very fast paced environment and handle multiple responsibilities
- Strong coding standards, good attention to detail and a methodological work process
- Ability to work under your own initiative and as part of a team.
- A quick, enthusiastic, and learning mindset
Performance related bonuses
Share Option Scheme.
Formal training courses, technology conferences and seminars
Get on your way to a more dynamic career with better skills, more responsibility, more money and a better lifestyle for you and your family. APPLY NOW or get talking to Mark Malone or Barry Paterson by dialling out +353 1 APEOPLE (that’s 273 6753) on your phone’s keypad.
Our phone lines are open Monday to Thursday 9.00am to 7.30pm (sometimes later!), and Friday to 5.30pmBack to main jobs page